The G-18 is a fully automatic machine pistol featured in Syphon Filter 1, 2, and 3. It is first introduced in the PHARCOM Expo Center mission, used by Benton, an Agency turncoat attempting to kill Logan.
198 (33 plus 165)
The G-18 is based on the real-life Glock 18, a fully automatic pistol created in Austria. While not very popular with real military units for its high recoil and rate of fire, it is among the deadliest weapons in the Syphon Filter franchise, allowing quick headshots in distanced fights or being able to tear through a Flak Jacketed enemy and kill them with a single magazine. However, its reload time is slower than most other guns in the game and its high rate of fire mean that it runs out of ammo extremely quickly, requiring users to carefully monitor their ammo.
- Like the K3G4 and any other weapons with a blistering rate of fire, watch your ammo consumption carefully otherwise you will be left helpless during a reload.
- The G-18 is great for close quarters if you have no other option. Using auto-aiming while rolling past an enemy is a viable strategy.
- Blazing rate of fire
- Headshots are immensely simplified if players are careful
- Reload animations are sluggish
- Only effective at close quarters unless burst firing
- Armoured enemies are somewhat resistant against this weapon
- This weapon, along with H11/C11, has the highest rate of fire in the Syphon Filter series.
- It is the only weapon in the game to be classified as a machine pistol.
- All images of the G-18 in Syphon Filter 1, 2 and 3 erroneously show the pistol with its slide locked back, indicating that it is empty. This may have been done for aesthetic reasons. In real life, the Glock 18 does not have any significant design differences (aside from a cut in the slide and a select-fire switch) from the Glock 17, which serves as the direct inspiration for Gabe's most well-known weapon, the Silenced 9mm, so the gun was probably intentionally displayed like this to avoid confusion.
- The G-18 was functionally replaced by the CZ Mach 9 in Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain, with a lower rate of fire but also with the ability to dual wield.